Thursday, November 3, 2016

A couple changes....

You might notice some changes on this blog.

This blog is about to get a whole lot more personal.

We have been trying to separate home and ministry to a certain extent. Of course we do ministry all the time, be it reading bedtime stories, answering all the deep spiritual question that never came up all day, but suddenly need answering at bedtime. And sometimes its the phone calls, and hospital visits.

Right next door to our house is our office, and right behind the office is the transitional house. And were trying to separate our home life from our full time ministry, as we still snuggle into this whole family life, and married life.

So we have made a separate blog for ministry! Here  
And we even made a separate Facebook page for the ministry..... Here 

On this blog you will find the crazy happenings in our life.
Or perhaps a place for me to just vent about the lack of M&M's.
Or share what the Lord is doing and teaching me.
Or how I stuck my foot in my mouth....again.
Or how if I ever did write a book it would be called doing it scared, because most things terrify me. and if I didn't do life scared, I probably just wouldn't do life at all!

I hope you go and follow the new blog, and like the new Facebook page, so you dont miss out on all that the Lord is doing in this ministry. (because lets be honest, apart from him, I can do nothing, we can do nothing. Praise God it is not about this socially inept, awkward, yucky past girl. But it is ALL about God. Its not about how good we are, its about how good HE is. Its not about what I can do, its about what he can and did do!!)

We can't do a blog post without some pics.....

My husband and a dear friend preached at a church last Sunday in
one of the villages a mom in our program live in. 
I kept telling my husband, I couldn't wait to watch them climb
the mountain to church. ;) 

I have a thing with gazing out windows at the rolling hills.
Even church windows. Obsession. 


I was so proud of my husband and his obedience to Christ,
his heart to see others come closer to Christ, and minister! 

School is out for summer! So we had the obligatory yay dinner out.
So of course it was a photo shoot, duh! 

Seriously, it was just the other day she fit into 4-5 year old clothes.
I told her I was going to have one of our night guards start
following her around. Any boys talk to her, my guards will step in. ;) 


Guys, this just captures our family so well. There is just something
I love about real family pictures. This is us y'all! 

Flora in all her awesome Floraness. 

There is a new restaurant in Gisenyi we are so in love with. We ended up playing some
games while waiting for our food to come, and introduced the girls to smoothies! 

I had a mocha latte. My heart is still all a flutter. 

We all went into some form of food coma! 

Guys if you cannot appreciate this picture, I'm not sure we can be friends.
A veggie sandwich, with a beet and goat cheese salad. 

My little salad lover, wanted to get half a chicken sandwich and a baja
california salad. I love that she loves her veggies! 

And to end our celebratory dinner out, a cookie and milk coma for the mini man. 

1 comment:

  1. love the bougainvillea, I have one on my porch, but of course it doesn't look anything like yours, except it's the same color...love the family!!!!

    ReplyDelete