Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Currently October 2013

 

Cooking- All kinds of yeast breads. Cinnamon rolls? Yes, please!

Drinking- Lots more water. This caffeine addicted girl is trying to decrease caffeine intake hoping it helps with the migraines that plague me lately.

Having- Way more meetings about things way too close to my heart, than I would like!

Looking- Into going to Switzerland in January for five nights, for a Christian debreifing place, that helps people like me who live outside their culture, learn........... skills.

Watching- More Bubble Guppies, than I care to admit. Seems to be Mo and the girls nightly show. Funny how they come running when they hear the theme song, and laughed for so long last night about one of em getting "Mac and tree's" in their lunch. Crack. Me. Up.

Expecting- Puppies! GJ is preggo, and being the person who likes to know what to expect with most everything, I am the annoying person who takes her dog temp everyday to see if she should be having them within 24 hours. (Normal temp 101-102. 24 hours or less before labor begins, drops below 100. She has been a steady 101.3. Yeah, I am weird like that!)



Planning- My VISA renewl trip to Uganda the beginning of November, more excited to just get away from daily demands, read, and rest.

Enjoying- The Beth Moore bible study on Fruit Of The Spirit with Amy and Amanada.

Stalking- The post office, knowing a few packages should be coming. I may or may not be tempted to rip em open on the motto on the way home. I know this before they even get here. Come on pumpkin goooooodness!!!

Sleeping- Inconsistently

Frustrated- With the lack of power and running water lately. Last night, no power. This morning, no running water. Some days, neither. Makes me appreciate both so much more, when we do have them.

Needing- A husband apperantly, because I keep getting the hiccups. (Thankfully I am not dropping silverwear, because then they would really be telling me I need a husband!)

Reading- Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games. Third time through this series. People can gift you books on Amazon to your kindle. *Cough cough*

Boiling- Water for a bucketbath. Hello, life lately.

School- Is out and the house is filling up again. Got two older/new faces around in the house. Patricia and Flora. Then we got two more coming home this weekend as well. It is the end of the school year here, kinda like their summer break. School resumes in January. Though the University kids wont get off till mid December. And let the revolving door of the house keep on swinging.

King David- Kids are all back at the orphanag for the break. So things have been hopping around here!

Rocking the yogurt mustache. Pretty much refuses a sippy now, but drinking
awesome out of cups on his own.


Moses- Has all four of his one year molars, so glad that teething will take a break for awhile. He has been learning more parts of his body, and now can show you where his hands, elbow, tummy, ears, eyes, and teeth are. Though we have shown him where his nose is for months, when you ask he just stares at you, then goes "EYES!" or "TEETH!" or "ELBOWWWW" and points to those, kid refuses to point to his nose. His new favorite song is "The Wheels on the bus" and it cracks me up when he does the babies on the bus go waah waah waah. Every. Single. Time! He loves to read more and more nowdays, and will bring you books endlessly. He stopped calling all animals "dogs" and is now learning what other animals say. So now we hear "Chirp chirp" and "Mooooo" and "Baaaah" as he flips through his books. Though yesterday he pointed to the butterfly and said "MOM! Mooo? Chirp?!" And I had no answer for the poor kid.

Thankful- For all my friends and church family who support me endlessly. My poor pastor who still has this girl calling desperate for council, or just someone to listen to her rant, and pray with her.

Raised- $231 for my 33rd birthday. You all rock, and thats almost 2.5 months of school for one of the lovelies in the orphanage.

Alice off to go get water when the running water is not running,
in every empty water bottle we can scrounge up known to man!


No comments:

Post a Comment