Friday, June 7, 2013

One blessing at a time



The lovelie Alice made it through surgery. Though it took much longer than I would have liked it too, for my own selfish reasons of needing to see she was alright.  She was so brave, and so strong. I paced the hallway in front of the surgical floor. I stared at the "surgical theater" doors, and the lighted windows. I cried, and I prayed. For hours I think I asked the nurses every 5 minutes which felt like 5 years, any news. I called a friend in tears, and near yelling, because I was so concerned. Going through a revolving door of handing it over to God, and catching myself gripping onto unknowns and uncurtians, and handing it back over again.

I think the nurses knew I was going a bit crazy. So when they finally approached me and said "She is stable now, wait a few minutes, and we will take her to a room." My heart nearly got lodged in my throat. And I prayed for me not to burst into tears when I saw her and freak her out. My emotions are pretty raw lately. Then they came and asked me "Would you like to go held up get her from the surgical theater?" Oh nurses, you spoke my language, something my heart gets much better than English, kinyarwanda, anything. Anxious to help, to do something, anything. Perhaps they were humoring me, since my helping consisted of standing outside the doors outside, and walking next to her bed as they wheeled her into her room.

They let me stay in her room with her about 30 minutes, before kicking me out. On the surgical floor the patients are not allowed to have "attendants". Which means a friend or family member who stays and attends to them. But I was thankful they humored me a bit, and also let me stay for 30 minutes. They said I could be back at 8am. Alice was not too keen on me leaving, as I have advocated so much for her, and stalked nurses to get pain meds when she needs it.

This morning she told me, she had some pain in the night, but the nurse heard her, and gave her medicine, and the pain stopped. I was praying for that last night. Oh when I left here, I just was so happy, I got to see her. When someone is in surgery for hours, and no one tells you a thing. When you see that person, they are resting, they are talking to you, oh my goodness, I just needed that. I needed to hear her sweet voice, I needed to make a visual check in my heart that she was alright.

I love how God provides. This morning when I was able to come back, I got her meds that I have stalked pharmacies for here in Kigali, its a IV dose of Cipro. Sometimes I could get 2, sometimes I could get 4, and the last time I got 14! She was getting 4 bottles through IV a day, so it really was stalking them, cause if I got 2, it meant I needed to find two more before the evening. So when I gave the bottles I had left to the nurses on the surgical floor, they looked at the dr's papers, and said "She no longer will be taking this, they have switched many of her IV meds for now." Do they even know how many pharmacies I stalked and how hard it was to get FOURTEEN bottles of this, they did not even have!

So having nooooo clue, what to do with this, as the pharmacy said they could not take it back and give me back the money. And what will I do with 12 bottles of IV cipro?! Then the nurse came in, and I told her, and she said "Please, maybe you can sell to them, in next bed. She needs this, and they have been unable to find." Probably because I had been buying out the pharmacies, and stalking them, and borderline harassing them by phone to get more for Alice. I just thought, that was so cool, that God planned it that way. Alice didn't need it, and a young girl in the bed next to her, happened to need it, and they couldn't get it. I kind of think it was no mistake they were in the beds next to each other. So cool. And perhaps it has given me a tad bit of favor with the surgical floor I really need right now. Since I am a strong advocate, and some nurses on the last floor, did not like me too much.

So now I am just waiting borderline stalking for the doctors, so we can discuss her surgery. I don't know how long till they get results from biopsying the masses. I don't know why it took so long. I don't know if they had to remove anything the masses where on, or wrapped around, or what-not. The nurses just tell me to wait till the doctors can talk to me, they cannot. So that's my right now. My job is to wait. Wait to talk to the Doctors. Then we can move to the next "right now". And they are letting me sit with her till the doctors come talk to me, even though it is not visiting hours, and technically I am not allowed. Maybe I should get more cipro, and perhaps find a bit more favor.....half jokingly.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for all the prayers. Be praying for the results of the biopsies. Be praying for peace for her, and continue to pray that the Lord would lessen the physical pain of the two large incisions on her stomach. Pray for the next "right now" and complete healing and restoration. (and now that the dr came in while I was typing this) it will take 2 weeks to get back biopsy results. So be praying for that. They removed the masses, nodules, and free fluid. They also had to remove one ovary and one fallopian tube. They only said that the masses were “suspicious”. She will be able to return home tomorrow if she remains stable, to continue to recover from surgery, and we will return in two weeks to get the results of their “investigation” into the masses, nodules, and fluids, and to get a diagnosis of the cause of them being there in the first place.

So we are praising Him for each blessing as it comes. The blessing that he has had her where she is. The blessing of a hospital that can do the right tests. The blessing for finding the problem. The blessing for a hospital with the ability to do surgery and remove the masses, fluid, and nodules. The blessing for being able to go home soon. We will take it one happy ending at a time.

Standing on the rock that is higher than we are,

Tina

His Chase has being such a super hero in all this. And His Chase, really is all of you, chasing after orphans to be the hands and feet of Jesus to them, and believing in the hope and future God has for them. I cannot even tell you the support they have been to me also as I have called them at all hours sobbing a few times, perhaps.

If you would like to help with the financial cost, that His Chase has not batted a eye at just giving to provide every night in the hospital, every test, every medication, the surgery, everything. You can go to their website www.Hischase.org and choose “General fund” from the dropdown menu.



No comments:

Post a Comment