Friday, April 5, 2013

Bon Appetit!!

So, for pretty much 7 months, I have been eating
every single varation of rice, potatoes, and pasta that you
can think of. Even so much as pasta with potatoes mixed in.
Which I actually really like now. 
You sure get your fill of carbs in Africa!!
 
But then I met the chicken man.
He lives in Goma, and has some pretty delicious chickens.
His real name is Aaron, but that is irrevelent
 
So I started to call him, and he would cross the border
and bring me chickens when I would call him.
And I learned to cut up a chicken into 8 peices on my own.
I may have danced around the kitchen saying "Boooya!"
And hence has started my Rwandan cooking spree!!
 
Learning to cut up a whole chicken, has changed my life y'all!
 
Cajun seasoned roasted chicken? YES!!
 
Been making my own bread crumb mixture with seasoning and
parmesan cheese. My favorite now to make, chicken nuggetish things.
 
But then since I went on this chicken kick, it has not stopped there!!
 


So I decided to try my hand at homemade pasta sauce!!
 
And then start making spaghetti and meatballs!
 
Yeah, Africa has just gotten pretty awesome!
 
And then this morning, it was hashbrown, pancakes, and omeletes.
Learning to make hashbrowns has rocked my mornings!
 
Why have I waited for 7 and a half months, to start trying to make
these things before? Maybe it was because for like 6 months we cooked on
fire in the backyard. Maybe it is because of the stove.
I think the stove and the chicken man have changed life in Africa
for my little corner in Rwanda.
 
Bon Appetit!!


1 comment:

  1. All your stories about the chicken man make me so happy. I'm so glad you've finally got another good, steady source of protein in your diet (and in your girls' diets too!). Although Moses must eat some of it, too, does he?

    ReplyDelete