Friday, February 22, 2013

Currently. . . .

Borrowing the "currently" blod idea from some friends. Enjoyed sitting down and writing this out this afternoon. Because of course I did not have a hundred things to cross off my to-do list. ;)

 drinking- fresh pineapple juice when I can.

appreciating how my church supports me, in every way possible while I am here in Rwanda. Seriously, I have the most incredible church family on the planet.

watching Everybody Loves Raymond.

laughing with my friend Shoghi. Sweetest guy from Kenya, who is a riot to hang out with.

eating all kinds of varations of potatoes, rice, and pasta. (even sometimes pasta with potatoes mixed in!) Normally I eat whatever the girls make, but lately I have been venturing out and making some of my own food. Lee Mistico, that one pound of mac n cheese dry cheese, is not going to waste, yo. And thinking about the fact I have gouda cheese, bacon bits, and potatoes. Something amazing has got to come out of that, right?

dreaming of August. 15 people from my church are coming on a short term missions trip here to Rwanda. I seriously cannot wait to see those two worlds collide!

waiting for Moses to take a nap, so I can take a shower. Seriously.

planning a short term missions trip for MY CHURCH IN AMERICA. Yeah, I know I have said it a few times, but seriously. Who gets to see their life in two continents collide together. I am pretty stinking excited!


opening
packages. Ya'll love me and the girls here so amazingly. I seriously think ya'll have set the record for packages in Rwanda to one person.

sleeping.. really well. I got a real mattress like two months ago. Holla. No more waking up with back aches. Seriously, its INCREDIBLE.

remembering I am loved, not based on what I can do, what I have done, or what I will do. Simply, amazingly, lavishly, loved by a real big God.

brainstorming for the daycare and short term missions trip. (covered in drool from the cutest almost one year old)

wearing the same clothes I have been wearing for over six months. I think I might need to add a few things to my wardrobe when I am in America. Seriously.

considering taking a trip to Goma, Congo. To visit some friends from The Mercy Corp.

making brownies tonight. Loooove my stove.

feeling lonesome. Real lonesome. Seriously missing my friends in America, and getting to really talk. Anyone who even knows the slightest english, I might just talk their ear off.

getting emotional, because of the previous statement.

loving the garden at my new house, and the front porch. Sometimes life gets overwhelming, but love that I can close the gate, and it is so peaceful and calm. Definelty a place of rest, and security.


crying at the drop of a hat these days.

listening to Andrew Peterson, Reseruction Letters 2 album A LOT. Love Is A Good Thing, is my new favorite. Real, raw, honest, not the rose colored glasses stuff ya'll.

acknowledging I need to work on not getting so frustrated so easily these days. Seriously layed in bed last night meditating on how God is slow to anger and quick to love, and pleading for some more patience.

enjoying the cutest almost one year old on the planet.

thankful that in July I get to go home to America for a bit. (And get to bring 15 people back to Rwanda with me for two weeks? Seriously, could not be more amazing!)

currently missing this girl. Visiting day at her school is March 3rd, and cannot come soon enough!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment