Friday, November 23, 2012

Making a house a home.

Hey everyone. 

There has been some AMAZING things going on here. 
And I have to say, I have been BLOWN AWAY. 
One thing that has just simply blown my mind, 
is that recently I had two people come to me about fund raising for us. 

I guess for me that has made me feel like some things are more attainable. 
So I thought perhaps I would let ya in on some of the things we are 
really praying to get into our house. 
And a little dream I have been dreaming here in Rwanda. 

We had a few "couches" in the house, 
but I found out they belong to the landlord, and he came
one day and decided to take all of his stuff from the house. 
Which included a table/chairs (we have a table and chairs, but still
not enough for everyone to sit down to a meal, if everyone is here
for holidays and breaks from school, since some are boarded students)
the "couches" we had in the house, and the curtains. 
Though we have now made our own curtains for main area's that really need it. 


Those where the "couches" the landlord took back and table. 
But there is another table and chairs in the house. 

The AMAZING children of Oswego Christian and Missionary alliance
raised $200 toward a fridge for our house. 
Which is going to be A-MAZING!! 
But for the fridge we still need $150 more. 
Another person is going to be fundraising to get us a stove/oven
which is going to cost about $350-$400 as well. 

I also would like to get some stuff for the girls rooms. 
Like a dresser/armoir for each room. 


So here is the list and the prices of the things are hoping 
to cozy up our home.

Chair 8,000 FRW ($13) (We would love to get 5-6 more chairs)

Table 25,000 ($41)

Couch 300,000 ($500)

Dresser 60,000 ($100)
or
Armoir 80,000 ($133)
(one for each room)

Coffee table 40,000 ($66)

Shelter for guard 100,000 ($166)

Shelter for goats – 80,000 ($133)

Fridge- 210,000 ($350) ($200 raised so far!)

Stove/oven – 220,000 ($366)

Two more mosquito nets- 5,000 ($8 each)

(600 Rwandan Francs is $1 USD)

Oh yeah, we really want to get some goats, so we 
can have goats milk, and also make cheese. 
I think I am the one mostly dreaming of cheese. 
But before we can get the goats, we need to 
make a shelter or place for the goats to chill, 
and do their amazing milk making thing. 

If you want to donate to help us get some things into the house, 
so it is a bit more homey and cozy. 
You can click on the donate now button up there. 
If you want your money to be used specifically for a certain things, 
then just write that in the note when you donate, or 
shoot me a email and let me know. :) 

I cannot wait to show you the snug as a bug in a rug, 
the house is going to get. For me and the lovelies in there. 

I appreciate ALL of you sooo much. 
And seriously you guys have shown SO MUCH love to us, 
and we are so grateful for everyone of you, 
and all that you have done to continually pour into us. 

Seriously none of this would be possible without you all. 

Lots of love from Rwanda, 
Tina

Dreaming a little dream

I have been dreaming of opening up a daycare in Rwanda, 
in the very near future. I have already been talking to people, 
making lists, and looking into curriculum. 
I really want to provide FREE childcare to widowed 
or single parents who are working so hard to 
provide for their children. 
Still looking at how that is going to work. 
And will keep you posted on how God opens doors
and provides as He is so amazing at doing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment