Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yay, I made it.

Yay, I made it to Rwanda!

I have spent the last two days zooming around the back of a motobike, 
and trying to get things all settled in. 
But I think I am starting to get things settled a bit. 

It has been so nice to be back!
As soon as I walked into the house, the girls plowed me over
with hugs and dancing. It was one of the best welcomes ever!

The next night, they cooked me dinner. 
And carved my name in the mashed potatoes. 
Yep, that's how we roll here in Rwanda. 
Then they danced to welcome me, and it was a night 
filled with laughter and smiles. 

I am still kind of walking around in this jet lagged, 
excited, figuring things out daze. 
But it has been absolutely amazing, and I just 
wanted to let you all know, I made it safe and sound. 

:) 





1 comment: