Monday, August 27, 2012

A God worth imitating

I have heard before that adoption is a wonderful example of what God has done for us. And before God totally began to interrupt my life, I would always just nod along, and agree. But I never fully grasped the full scope of it. I think the older I get, and the more places I go, and the longer I have walked in relationship with God, I realize…. I really, know nothing. Sometimes my brain grasps just a fraction of the things of God, and I am blown away. I have heard it said, that us trying to fully grasp God, is like a gnat trying to drink up the ocean. It just cannot be done!

The girls in the house, if I have my laptop out, in a common area, esp if I am on facebook, are all looking over my shoulder. Sometimes as I scroll down my facebook feed, and the girls will see someone has posted pictures, and they will all freak out, and want me to show them your albums on facebook. More than likely, if we are facebook friends. Kids in Rwanda have stalked your page, and poured over your pictures
.
And one common thing I hear from their lips is “America is like palace” Take a look around the room you are sitting in, as you read this. That, is a palace. They are not looking at pictures of grand places. But mainly it’s the pictures you take in your backyards, and your living rooms. It’s the pictures at the community pool, and the state fair. So today Alysse says to me “Mom, you left palace to come to Rwanda.”

And I do not say this to toot my horn by any means. The only thing I have done in this process is said “Yes” when God has started to interrupt my life, with another plan, one greater than my own. One which I still do not fully understand.

So after Alysse told me that, it made me think of Jesus. He left a palace. He left paradise. In a relentless pursuit of us. He could not stop thinking of us. He could not give up on us. His love for us, drove him to seek after us. To persue us. To go from perfection to a fallen world. To be cradled helplessly as a baby in the arms of a women he created. And he left his palace in persuit of love. A relentless love. And his love is perfect. His love drives out all fear, and brings joy unexplainable in the craziest circumstances.

My love is so imperfect. I will let you down. I might have let you down. I probably have let you down. God will use such a imperfect, sinner saved by grace. And put in them a relentless love for a bunch of orphans on another continent. And even though I have been absolutely terrified at times, he has given me the courage to take the next step. Always, just enough courage for the next step.

I am so thankful, that Jesus took my sin. I am so thankful, he left perfection to come to this fallen world, so I could know freedom and redemption. And since He has loved me, I can love. Since He has forgiven me, I can forgive. Since he has pursued me, I can pursue.

1 John 4:19 “We love because he first loved us.”

“You cannot take someone, somewhere you have never been.” –unknown.

 Jesus left heaven, to come take my place. To come take my sins. 
That I might know love. 
That I might love in His name. 


Lots of love from Rwanda, 
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment