Sunday, June 3, 2012

A big God, gives big hope, and big dreams.


"Bold prayers honor God, and God honors Bold
prayers. God isn't offended by your biggest dreams or boldest
prayers. He is offended by anything less."
-Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams And Greatest Fears
What dream has God given you?

It's NOT about what you can do,
it is about what God can do!

I prayed for these kids, before I had even seen a Rwandan sunrise.
I prayed for these kids, before a single one of them curled up in my lap.
I hit my knee's pleading in the midnight hour for these kids, long before I knew their names.
I interceeded for these kids, before I danced with them, cried with them, laughed with them.

It began as a aching. A God sized desire.
And when I looked at it rationally, it made no sense.
When I tried to figure out the possibility, it was impossible to me.

But God put this aching in my heart, and I could not shake it.
And to be honest, I knew if I did not step out of the boat, and listen when
God was saying "Follow me here Tina." I would be disobeying Him.
BLATENTLY disobeying God!
And I knew I would not go deeper in my relationship with Christ,
if I silenced his ever growing voice of "Follow me here."

And I have learned over and over, it has nothing to do with what I can do for God.
It has EVERYTHING to do with what God can do through me, for His glory.

Sure, it is scary.
But I have learned to do it scared.
I have learned my emotions will always eventually catch up to my obedience.
And its not my emotions that determine my actions.
It is my actions that determine my emotions.

And normally, it takes my emotions a little time to catch up. . . . My emotions are slow moving sometimes.

When ever I take that first impossible step.
I am shaking like a leaf!
When I speak, my voice cracks.

So, what God sized dream has God laid on your heart?

Sure, I know, the boat is comfortable.
The material is tangable, and you can touch it, see it.
But the miracle is Jesus walking on the water.
And it makes NO SENSE to us when He says
"Step out of the boat."
But you are going to miss the miracle,
and you are going to miss ever knowing what it is like,
to dance atop the crashing waves.



Dreaming God sized dreams and living in raw dependance of God,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment